Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Off Road Podcast 395 – Outback of Beyond Adventures with Patty Upton
Tonight, Aaron hams it up, Coy goes Tron, & Ben heads out of state
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, Coy, my name is Ben and our guest tonight is Patty Upton. Welcome to the show.
Coy -Absolutely crushed a bunch of little kids at laser tag. Went wheeling with Andy, and did Firebreak and University Firepower.
Aaron – Got my ham license. Got my 35” MT Baja Bosses installed on the Warn wheels and installed the rears. Got a rivet-nut tool. Gave the green light to a garage door installer.
Ben – Went to Oregon and didn’t even visit Coy & Aaron. Sprained my ankle. Got a permission slip in the mail to build his shop. Fixed my door handle. Got a new panel for the Rough Country switch panel. Fixed fog lights by replacing my rusted-out relay. And have been spending time fabricating a tool for a mini excavator.
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
Our patches $13 shipped in the US for one and $10 for any additional. Or $10 picked up from us in person. Just send us a message through any of our channels and we can set you up with a Paypal link.
Earth Day trail clean up, April 22nd
Mark your calendars get out of your computer chairs and hit the trail what trail any trail and grab some trash any little bit help its earth day whats the worst that can happen
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- The Drive – Bronco Hard Tops Can’t Handle Sub Zero Temperatures
- Two door badlands
- Temps surged from minus 9 to 50+ degrees over the weekend
- Ford reached and asked him to contact them if he had any problems getting a warranty replacement from his local dealer
- Unknown timeline to get a new top. No garage so tarps are in his future.
- Car Buzz – Suzuki Confirms Electric Jimny Coming
- Suzuki has teased an electric Jimny off-roader as part of the brand’s European electrification program leading up to 2030
- An electrified powertrain could provide extra impetus to sell the latest Jimny here
- In the screenshot, we can see a battery EV lineup of five Suzuki models, including the unmistakable boxy profile of a Jimny. Alongside this is a graphic that says there will be a powertrain ratio of 80% all-electric vehicles and 20% hybrids
- An arrival date closer to 2030 seems more likely for the Jimny EV
- Suzuki doesn’t currently sell any cars in the United States, with the closest thing comparable to the Jimny being the off-road-only Mahindra Roxor. As far as road-legal competitors go, the five-door Jimny is smaller than the three-door Jeep Wrangler by some margin
- Whether Suzuki can keep the weight and cost down with an electrified version remains to be seen, but it will be an interesting evolution of one of the brand’s most iconic models.
New contest: On May 8th we will be doing a show with Andy from Warn about recovery stories. Leading up to that show we would like you, our listeners, to write in to us with your own personal stories of when you recovered someone or were recovered yourself. We’ll be picking one story at random to win a Warn Medium Duty Accessory Kit!
Main Topic powered by WARN
How did it all start?
Tell us the whole trip. The struggles, the wins, the challenges, the wonderful memories.
What kind of adventures are you up to now?
Where can our listeners find you?
Thanks to Brennan Metcalf for introducing us to Patty. Without his suggestion to reach out to her this show would have never happened. What an incredible story! Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.