Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron is still tire shopping, Jeremy calls in sick, & Ben decides to get into fabrication
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, my name is Ben, and our guest tonight is Justin. Welcome to the show.
Aaron – Filling in for Jeremy doing squat. “Guess where I didn’t get to go today”
Ben – I helped a friend with his roll cage and getting ready to head to a weekend in the woods at a cabin did some 3d design and made a moral coin with my resin printer thinking of making trail coins
Listener feedback –
Just wanted to give a shoutout to a new listener Ray. I met him on a jobsite and the next day I walked into the jobsite and heard my voice over the sound system.
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
Our patches $13 shipped in the US for one and $10 for any additional. Or $10 picked up from us in person. Just send us a message through any of our channels and we can set you up with a Paypal link.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- Hennessey Ram 1500 TRX Mammoth goes overlanding
- new Overland Edition
- hard-shell tent
- a retractable 55-inch awning
- auxiliary fuel tanks
- a water reservoir.
- 28-inch splitting axe & shovel
- LED perimeter lighting
- ladder and grab handles ease access to the bed-mounted tent
- available with Hennessey’s Mammoth 900 or Mammoth 1000 powertrain upgrades
- stock 702 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque to 900 hp and 873 lb-ft, while the latter boosts output further to 1,012 hp and 969 lb-ft.
- Hennessey has christened the Mammoth 1000 Overland Edition “the world’s most powerful overlanding pickup.”
- Stage 2 offroad package adds
- 37s new bumpers lights and electric fold out steps and front leveling kit
- The overland edition cost $19,950 on top of the mammoth performance upgrade$ 25,950 for 900 or $36,950 for the 1000 and roughly $86k for the donor vehicle brings possible total to $165k
- EarthCruiser Debuts Dual Cab Chassis Model For Customers Who Work Off-Road
- 6.6-liter V8 making 350 horsepower and 425 pound-feet of torque
- six-speed automatic transmission and a two-speed transfer case. The four-wheel-drive system includes front and rear locking differentials.
- Currently in use for several oregon fire departments
- They serve several duties like being High axle water rescue vehicles
- Earthcruiser Reveals New Isuzu-Based Overland Platform With GM V8 Engine (companion story)
- Still will continue support for Fuso models but this is the future of earth cruiser
- The company switches to the Isuzu NPR Series Class 4 platform, which replaces the previous Fuso platform.
- is the only cab-over all-wheel-drive vehicle in this segment in the United States
- Transferring the power from GM’s V8 engine is EarthCruiser’s own four-wheel-drive system which was designed with widely available off-the-shelf components from the industry.
Main Topic powered by WARN
Fast Five Facts
1. New or old vehicle?
2. Summer or winter camping?
3. Rock, Sand, Snow or Mud?
4. Favorite vehicle brand?
5. Favorite tire?
Any recommendations for someone new to off-roading
Tell us about you
What do you currently drive now?
What’s your most embarrassing moment on the trail?
Biggest win on the trail?
Any places you want to go that you haven’t gone?
Tell us about your business
For our audio listeners, can you describe what your camper looks like and how it opens?
What size trucks do you make campers for?
Your story on your website tells about how you guys had a “mutual distaste for quality issues that plague modern RVs”. Can you explain what some of those are?
What do they typically weigh?
Because the camper sits flush to the top of the bed. Can the bedsides hold that amount of weight?
Can you put roof rails on top of the closed camper and haul bikes or kayaks up there?
Please tell us about how this rainwater catchment system works.
Can you run an awning off of the side of your camper?
Will you be at any overland rally type events anywhere across the country this year where our listeners can seek you out to see one in person?
Besides the rallies and expos, where can our listeners find out more about you?
Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.