This episode of the Off-Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron is one-fifth of the way there, Coy ate so much meat, Jeremy buys some meat, & Ben jumps ship
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off-road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, and Jeremy, and my name is Ben. Welcome to the show.
Jeremy – packed for a trip
Aaron – Still no tires but did swap the single 37 for a 35. I lost my gas stove in a boating accident. School started back up. Not going snow camping.
Ben – nothing has been accomplished
COY- almost won a gun.
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
Our patches $13 shipped in the US for one and $10 for any additional. Or $10 picked up from us in person. Just send us a message through any of our channels and we can set you up with a Paypal link.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- From CarBuzz.com Five-Door Suzuki Jimny Revealed As More Practical Mini Off-Roader
- 5 doors
- 13.8 inches Longer then the current gen because more doors
- Jimny’s off-road figures embarrass much bigger rock climbers, with approach, departure, and breakover angles pegged at 36, 50, and 24 degrees, respectively, despite ground clearance of only 8.3 inches.
- Same engine as 3dr 1.5-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder producing 101 horsepower and 96 lb-ft of torque
- part-time four-wheel-drive system with a dual-range transfer case via either a five-speed manual gearbox or an antiquated four-speed auto
- And we start aren’t getting it here in the states
- And From Motortrend.com It’s Called the Desert Beaver
- Designed to be driven on low-speed roads as a low speed vehicle (LSV)
- 2 versions
- Road legal (LSV)
- Limited to 25 MPH
- Max payload of 700-800lbs
- Off Road (ORV)
- Limited to 34 MPH
- Max payload 2,425lbs
- The 2 versions can not be swapped by “flipping a switch”
- Road legal (LSV)
- 15kWh lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery pack in the TeeMak limits it to a range of around 65 to 70 miles
- Only has a level 1 charging (110v)
- Level 2 available in the future
- RWD only
- The roughly 2-hp maximum (10 hp nominally) motor is mounted directly to the live axle
- 18” clearance
Main Topic powered by WARN
- The California 300
- Takes place after Mint 400
- Run by same people
- Same machines
- 3 high speed laps over desert
- 70 miles long
- Utv & unlimited trucks
- 2nd year of race
- The South African Cross Country Series
- Not single event more of a series set in South Africa
- Some of its part of the south african rally raid championship
- Mostly mid-sized trucks ranges and hilux are super popular
- The HARDI Australia 24 Hour Trial
- Dual sport bikes
- Only half finish normally
- Been active since 1924 in South Australia
- Happens in the middle of winter
- Can down to 0 degrees fahrenheit with freezing rain at times
- The Rally Jameel
- Arabian Desert
- Fairly new
- women-only navigation rally in Saudi Arabia ironically where women aren’t allowed to get licenses
- The Trophée Andros, or Andros Trophy
- French ice racing series
- Started the 1990s
- rally cars on ice
- 2019 it became e-Trophée Andros
- The Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
- rally raid that’s part of the FIA and FIM World Rally-Raid Championship
- Happens after Dakar
- Lots of same racers from Dakar rally
- Alacan 5000
- If you’ve listened to any past episodes you will have heard us talk about both summer and winter versions with Andy and Mercedes if not feel we suggest you check them out
- The GP Ice Race
- Zell am See, Austria,
- Going for almost 50 years.
- It’s set on a frozen lake in the Austrian Alp
- close ties to the Porsche family
- Lots of famous racers have raced in it
- Coupe de France Camion Cross, or Truck Cross French Cup
- Not a single race but a series
- It Short course races
- Cab over trucks that drift corner
- The Nitro Rallycross
- Started 2018
- Lots of famous us racers Tanner Foust, Travis Pastrana and the late Ken Block
- Bracket tourney with heat laps
- Full contact is common
- New EV class
- High bank turns jumps and dirt drifting
- The Breslau Rally
- oldest amateur off-road rally in Europe
- Unimogs and more!
- Magpul made a movie about it
- Africa ECO Race
- started in 2009 after Dakar moved to South America
- rally raid event set throughout North and West Africa that features motorcycles
- Extreme E
- No spectators stream based to reduce impact
- Each Extreme E team will also be limited to eight people, which consist of two drivers (one male, one female), one engineer and five mechanics.
- Racing all over the world
- Started 2021
Thanks to everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all tand heir great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.neand t or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7 pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, and be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.