Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron takes a headshot, Jeremy buys smaller tires, & Ben can’t make it out
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off-road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, and Jeremy, and my name is Ben. Welcome to the show.
Jeremy – Bought new tires.
Aaron – Test fitting of the 37s. Shot an elk. Got my uncle into a care facility.
Ben – Went to take the boys shooting up in the hills and to play in the snow… didn’t make it out of the driveway. The starter went out on the 4runner. Got it today installing & tomorrow. Also picked up some KC Hilites wire hiders for 4 bucks a pop that were on clearance via Autozone.
We’ve got a new contest to announce! It is elementary, my dear watson. All you need to do is tell us what rig you would buy, how you would build it, and how you would use it if you won a large sum of money. We’ll read all of the entries on our December 19th show and pick the winner at random to receive a pair of Warn Epic Shackles. Here’s how you enter. Write to us through any of our social media or to our email at email@example.com.
Shout to our buddy Tim! I saw on Facebook book that he read a book for the 1st time on Sunday.
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
Our patches $13 shipped in the US for one and $10 for any additional. Or $10 picked up from us in person. Just send us a message through any of our channels and we can set you up with a Paypal link.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- The Wrangler High Tide is Returning for 2023
- The High-Tide offered an affordable way to get the Xtreme Recon Package, without having to go for the Willys trim.
- Based on the popular Sport S trim
- come standard with the proven 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with eTorque mild-hybrid technology and an 8 speed automatic
- The package will save customers around $1,400 over having a similar equipped Willys model. The 2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High-Tide (25D) will have a starting MSRP of $51,540 USD. That is $8,895 more expensive than the Sport S with the Pentastar eTorque engine.
- Xtreme Recon Package –
- LT315/70R17 (35-Inch) BFGoodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
- 17-Inch x 8-Inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
- Swing Gate Reinforcement by Mopar
- Tire Relocation Kit by Mopar
- Jack Spacer by Mopar
- Wheel Flares Extensions
- 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
- 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with Uniquely Tuned Shocks
- Anti-Lock Four-Wheel-Disc Performance Brakes
- Body-Colored Hard-Top
- LED Headlamps & Fog Lights
- Rock Rails
- Sunrider Fliptop for Hard-Top
- Gorilla Glass Windshield
- Sand/Slush Floor Mats
- “High Tide” Hood Decals on High Tide Models
Main Topic powered by WARN
- Mechanically failing rig
- Failing tires
- Bad bushings
- U Joints
- Black smoke
- Not performing preventative maintenance
- Slows down the trip
- Potentially throws off timelines
- Risk catastrophic failure when it could have just been fixed
- Going alone
- No one knows where you are
- No communication device to get help
- Something happens and delayed response if you need help
- Medical emergency
- No recovery gear
- Cant get unstuck with no gear
- Could potentially lose your rig if you were cliff edge and no way to secure it till a recovery can be made
- Risk your life and passengers if the weather turns
- Not having supplies if you break down
- Stuck have to wait for recovery
- Driving like a jack wagon
- No first aid kit
- Not having the proper supplies for an emergency could be deadly not having a way to stop the bleed or possibly causing an infection that could of been prevented with a clean bandaid and anti-bacterial cream or spray
- Not Airing Down
- Less comfortable
- Less capable
- Note: Make sure you can air back up.
- Bonus Faux Paux: You can cup your tires if you don’t
- Buying too big of a build for your first rig
- Getting yourself in trouble by having a rig way more capable than your skills
- Not knowing what radios your group is running
- Not using your low gears
- Jeremy Story time
- Not treading lightly
- Not using a tree saver
- Going too fast
- Not knowing your depths
- Putting suspect parts/tires on your vehicle
- Poor quality
- Premature failure
- Catastrophic failure
- Simulation parts
- Only Going to Rigs and coffee
- Not having an Off Road Podcast patch on your headliner
- That’s just not cool now is it
Thanks to everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7 pm Pacific. When off-road please remember to have fun, tread lightly,and be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.