Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
This episode of the Off-Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron chooses some names & Ben does some Kung flu fighting.
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off-road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, my name is Ben and our guest tonight is Jesse from MFC Offroad. Welcome to the show.
Aaron – Small fence section is done and cows are here. Looking for meat names. Canceled my out-of-town plans so I’ll get some time in working on my shop this week.
Ben – fighting off kids getting sick
We’ve got a new contest to announce! It is very simple. All you need to do is tell us what rig you would buy, how you would build it, and how you would use it if you won a large sum of money. We’ll read all of the entries on our December 19th show and pick the winner randomly to receive a pair of Warn Epic Shackles. Here’s how you enter. Write to us through any of our social media or to our email at email@example.com.
We also want to thank our sponsor, Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
Our patches are $13 shipped in the US for one and $10 for any additional. Or $10 picked up from us in person. Just send us a message through any of our channels and we can set you up with a Paypal link.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- GMC Canyon AEV Announced
- American Expeditionary Vehicles already breathed all over the last-gen Chevrolet Colorado and the current Chevy Silverado looks like GM not only intends to keep the relationship going but expand it.
- AEV-worked Canyon will get a snorkel and 35-inch tires
- MCT says the AEV will get the same bumper as the Edition 1, which means a reduced approach angle in return for an integrated winch. The standard AT4X bumper permits a 36.9-degree approach angle, and the winch-equipped Edition 1 drops that to 32.8 degrees. It’s not clear which winch would hide behind that bumper, though. GMC factory fit is the Comeup Seal Slim 9.5rs rated at 9,500 pounds. AEV offers a Warn 9.5 XP-S with the same weight rating as its Colorado ZR2 Bison.
- There Will Be No EV Raptor
- Many wonder whether Ford will replace the Raptor lineup’s internal combustion engines (ICEs) with electric motors in the short-to-mid term. But according to Ford, which was cited by Motor Authority, the simple answer is no
- Neither partially- nor fully-electric drivetrains are forthcoming for any vehicles in the Raptor lineup
- F-150 Lightning will be the dominant EV truck from the blue oval for now
- ICE powertrains are a better fit for off-road machines because they avoid the weight penalty endemic to EVs: big batteries. Widmann used the GMC Hummer EV as an example
- Hard to claim clean energy with bad range
- The added mass of that battery pack makes Ford reluctant to electrify the Raptor. And, to be fair, Widmann also shot down any rumors of a bigger (heavier) 7.3-liter V8 engine for later Raptors.
Main Topic powered by WARN
Fast Five Facts
1. New or old vehicle?
2. Summer or winter camping?
3. Rock, Sand, Snow or Mud?
4. Favorite vehicle brand?
5. Favorite tire?
Any recommendations for someone new to off-roading
Tell us about you
How did you get started in off-roading?
What was the first vehicle you took off-road?
What’s your most embarrassing moment on the trail?
What biggest win on the trail?
Any places you want to go that you haven’t gone?
Tell us about your business
What kinds of products does MFC Off Road sell?
Why did you choose to sell parts for the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee & 5th Gen Chevy Tahoes & Suburbans?
Are you manufacturing some of the parts yourself?
What are some of the limitations of the KL chassis?
How often do you hear, “How big of a tire can I run with no lift?” and what is the answer to that question?
Cruising your site I saw that you have something called a rear wheel centering kit. Can you tell us what that is for and why someone would want it?
You’ve got some great how-to videos on your YT channel. Do you plan on showing any wheeling videos on there?
I see you’ve got some 3D printers behind you. I assume you use those for prototyping parts?
Do you plan to expand to any other vehicles in the off-road market?
I should have asked, does the KL interface with other Jeep vehicles?
Can you tell us about some future products that might be coming out soon?
Black Friday is only 4 days away. Are you having any doorbuster sales?
We never asked, what does MFC stand for and also Where can our listeners find you?
Thanks to everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7 pm Pacific. When off-road please remember to have fun, tread lightly,and be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.