This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron gets a tattoo, Coy gets new tires, Jeremy think about wheeling, & Ben is westbound and down
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, Jeremy and my name is Ben. Welcome to the show.
The week in review is brought to you by Medical gear outfitters
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting to have a casualty on the trail? Check out Medical Gear Outfitters dot com to get straightened out. Medical Gear Outfitters has everything you need whether you are going out for the day or traveling on a year long expedition. Head over there to get offroad specific kits that meet all your needs. While you’re there use code “Offroadpodcast” for 10% off.
Jeremy – Fixed my Air leak. And went wheeling!
Aaron – Participated in a legitimate shooting competition.
Coy – New tires, nissan anniversary,wife gives me unlimited power
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- Fox News – 2 door GMC Jimmy Returns
- Sold in the 70s & 80s
- The Jimmy was replaced by the Yukon in the 1990s
- GMC isn’t making it, Flat Out Autos is
- Starts off as a GMC Sierra with a 5.7l V8
- Shortened bed, wheelbase, and driveshaft
- 3rd row bench seat from Tahoe is used for a 2nd row seat
- It will have a removable top
- Plan to make 25 of them
- Starting at $120k
- Will be on display at SEMA in November
- Not planning on making a retro version
- Motor Trend – Toyota Sequoia TRD PRO
- Same hybrid V6 from the Tundra twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 producing 437 hp and 583 lb-ft of torque
- Mated with a 10 speed Auto transmission
- Shared frame with the Tundra
- Locking rear Differential
- Special Trail Cameras
- 2.5 inch Fox internal bypass shocks
- Remote reservoirs on the rear
- Multi Terrain Select Traction modes
- Crawl control
- 18” TRD Wheels
- 33” Falken Wildpeak
- 6,150 lb
- 9.1 inches of ground clearance
- $78,395 Price Tag
- Compared to TRD Pro Tundra $67,505
- Jeep 392 $74,995
- Bronco Everglades $54,545
- Land Cruiser Base Price: $85,665
Main Topic powered by WARN
Do you need all the armor?
Smaller tube frame bumper
Aluminum skid plates and bumpers
- Example: BFG KM3
- LT315/70R17 E Rating (Actual Diameter 34.4) Weight : 65.7 lbs Width : 12.7
- 35X12.50R17 E Rating (Actual Diameter 34.5) Weight : 74.38 Width : 12.5
Only bring tools you need
Don’t over do it on the recovery gear
Split gear amongst others for a trip. Not every person needs a stove or a Hi-lift jack.
Smaller Gear (Backpacker gear)
Synthetic winch rope
If you don’t need to have extra jerry cans of fuel leave them home
Bring Only what you need
Tire repair kit rather than spare tire if you trailer your rig to the trails.
Leave the subwoofer at home.
Source food & drinks at the last mile.
Don’t bring so much firewood…Aaron!
Don’t let Aaron convince you to bring your AR10
Helium in tires including spare
Remove wheel weights
Pre race poop
Buy food full of air
Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.