This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron has bad news, Jeremy is a big nope, & Ben does yard work
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, Jeremy and my name is Ben. Welcome to the show.
The week in review is brought to you by Medical gear outfitters
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting to have a casualty on the trail? Check out Medical Gear Outfitters dot com to get straightened out. Medical Gear Outfitters has everything you need whether you are going out for the day or traveling on a year long expedition. Head over there to get offroad specific kits that meet all your needs. While you’re there use code “Offroadpodcast” for 10% off.
**10:25 Ben has a noise**
Jeremy – Big fat nutthin
Aaron – Worked on my shop. Test fitted Warn wheels. Made some Avalon decisions.
Ben – Worked in my backyard.
Hey guys, we are looking to reach more listeners. We are going to start reading Apple iTunes reviews on air. If you hear yours, send us a message with your address and we’ll send you an Off Road Podcast sticker. You can find all of our social media by just searching our name. Now go hit that subscribe button!
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- Jalopnik – F150 Raptor R
- Not confirmed by Ford
- Raptor is getting the supercharged 5.2-liter Predator V8 that powers the Mustang Shelby GT500
- Photo leaked of 5.2L engine listed on a Raptor build sheet
- No other details
- Plan for it to have big tires, super low crawl ratio, and large suspension travel
- Motor Trend – 40th Anniversary of the 4Runner
- The 4Runner turns 40!
- 4Runner Concept: 81-83 Toyota Trekker
- 40th anniversary will have:
- Classic Toyota Stripes
- 17” Bronze wheels
- 265/70R17 (31.6”) Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 Tires
- Premium Trim
- body-colored front and rear bumpers
- door handles
- heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and puddle lights
- fender flares
- side rocker panels
- rear spoiler.
- roof rails are painted black
- Only 4,040 will be made!
- The 4Runner turns 40!
Main Topic powered by WARN
Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek
- Ground Clearance 8” LOWEST
- Tire size 265/60R18 (30.5”)
Toyota RAV4 TRD
- A/T Tires with TRD wheels
- TRD shocks
- Better bump stops
- Parking assist
- Running board cladding
- torque vectoring system
- Ground Clearance 8.6 inches
- Factory Tire size 225/60R18 (28.6”)
Subaru Outback Wilderness
- Higher ground clearance 9.5 inches HIGHEST
- A/t tires 225/65R17 (28.5”)
- High clearance bumpers f/r
- Anti glare hood
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Front skid plate
- BOA 21.2 degree
Jeep Compass Trailhawk
- Tow Hooks.
- 1-Inch Suspension Lift for Added Ground Clearance.
- Underbody Skid Plates.
- 21 Deg BOA
- Jeep® Active Drive Lock 4×4 System with Four-Wheel LOW Mode.
- Exclusive Front and Rear Fascia.
- Optimized Approach and Departure Angles.
- Ground Clearance 8.7
- Tire size P215/65R17 (28”)
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System.
Ford Explorer Timberline
- increased ground clearance 8.7 inches
- Factory tire size 265/65R18 (31.6”) BIGGEST
- 18.9 Deg BOA
- improved approach and departure angles
- steel skid plates
- Torsen® limited-slip differential
- Bridgestone Dueler all-terrain tires
- new shocks
- stabilizer bars
Kia Telluride X-Pro
- rugged-appearance trim
- 0.4-inch-higher ride height 8.3 inches of gc
- Tire size 245/60R18 (29.6”)
- swaps the 20-inch wheel for 18-inchers with all-terrain tires
- Increased tow rating
- Different headlights
- Not released yet
Honda Passport Trailsport
- Model-specific bumpers with faux skid-plate inserts also are included
- 18-inch wheels with a greater offset that widen the Passport’s track by 0.4 inch
- All season tire
- no suspension lift, unlike the TrailSport version of the Pilot has 8.1 inches of ground clearance
- Factory tire size P245/60R18 (29.6”)
- Three drive modes
- Awd, fwd, snow
- “Sport” terrain tires
- 8 inches ground clearance LOWEST
- Factory tire size 225/60R17 (27.6”) SMALLEST
Ford Bronco Sport
- 29.5-inch Falken Wildpeak all-terrain tire
- Ground clearance 8.8”
- BOA 20.4 degrees
- tow hooks
- bash plates
- decent approach and departure angles
- Focus RS-style twin-clutch rear-drive unit to get power to the back wheels, it can simulate a locked rear differential
- Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl drive modes
- additional driving modes
- 8.3 inches of ground clearance
- Factory tire size 255-60-17 (29”)
- BOA 22 degrees
- two towing eyes
- fuel tank increased from 20 to 24 gallons
- underseal system and radiator grille
- reinforced underbody guard
- protective part for the 12v battery
- particularly robust aerodynamic fairing, tank guard and stone deflector
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
- P265/70R17 (31.6”)
- 9.6 Ground Clearance
- 19.8” Break Over Angle
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 32” Tires
- 10.8” Ground Clearance
- 22.6 Deg Break Over Angle
Take a moment to thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us.
Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.