This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve.
Tonight, Aaron rides a log, Jeremy, & Ben discovers hes a horder
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. Your hosts tonight are Aaron, Jeremy and my name is Ben. Welcome to the show.
The week in review is brought to you by Medical gear outfitters
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting to have a casualty on the trail? Check out Medical Gear Outfitters dot com to get straightened out. Medical Gear Outfitters has everything you need whether you are going out for the day or traveling on a year long expedition. Head over there to get offroad specific kits that meet all your needs. While you’re there use code “Offroadpodcast” for 10% off.
Ben – cleaning so much fun
Hey guys, we are looking to reach more listeners. We are going to start reading Apple iTunes reviews on air. If you hear yours, send us a message with your address and we’ll send you an Off Road Podcast sticker. You can find all of our social media by just searching our name. Now go hit that subscribe button!
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
News brought to you by Colby Valve
- Return of the scout – AutoBlog
- Volkwagen confirmed
- use it on a pair of electric off-roaders
- Czech Republic-based Škoda has used it to denote a more rugged, four-wheel-drive version of the Octavia wagon on and off since 2006
- GM More off road – gmauthority.com
- GMC Says 19 Percent Of Light-Truck Owners Use Their Vehicle Off Road
- GMC’s off-road AT4 sub-brand has been a major success for the automaker
- owners are roughly three times more likely to use their vehicle for active uses like camping or carrying outdoor sports gear
- customers aren’t necessarily looking for a hardcore off-roader like a Jeep Wrangler or Ford Bronco.
- Of the customers who say they use their vehicle to go off-road, 67 percent say that convenience and on-road comfort were also extremely important
Main Topic powered by WARN
What do you need
- Ways to find spots:
- Scouting them out
- Pull out a paper map and look at roads that lead to places that look fun
- Satellite images
- Geotagged spots
- I Overlander App
- Ask in FB groups for the area you are interested in
- Look for books that mention dispersed campsites
- Ask your friends
- Mountains- Cooler in the summer: Windier
- River- Cooler in the summer: Can be too loud
- Desert- No shade, great stars
- Forest- Protected from the wind
- Think about your setup!
- Do you need it to be flat
- Types of tent/trailer
- Rooftop tent
- Ground tent
- Large Group?
- Numbered campsites can sometimes be reserved 1 year in advance
- Observe dispersed camping rules for the location you are in
- Camping is free on BLM land
- Open space
- Water to play in?
- Activities for kids?
- Tips to finding the best sites
- When going to an area you haven’t been before, pick out many options via maps to maximize your chances
- Slow down
- Leave no side road unexplored
- Try the less traversed road when crowded
- Be flexible even if that means you are stopping early or driving extra late
- Mark up a map of sites you have found.
- When looking at rivers in steep mountains on a map, make sure they aren’t seasonal
Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn, Medical Gear Outfitters, and Colby Valve to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.net or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.