This episode of the Off Road Podcast is Sponsored by WARN, Power Tank and Medical Gear Outfitters.
Tonight, Aaron shops for some tires, Jeremy glues some cookies together, & Ben gets ready for camping
Welcome to the off-road podcast. A podcast about everything off-road. We cover the news, review products, and interview people in the off road industry. I’m your host Ben and I’m here with my co-hosts Aaron & Jeremy. Welcome to the show.
The week in review is brought to you by Medical gear outfitters
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting to have a casualty on the trail? Check out Medical Gear Outfitters dot com to get straightened out. Medical Gear Outfitters has everything you need whether you are going out for the day or traveling on a year long expedition. Head over there to get offroad specific kits that meet all your needs. While you’re there use code “Offroadpodcast” for 10% off.
Jeremy – Made a gingerbread Jeep
Aaron – Movie night with my BFF. Let Coy experience the raw power of the VK swap. Reached out to some tire people.
Ben – getting ready for camping
Hey guys, we are looking to reach more listeners. We are going to start reading Apple iTunes reviews on air. If you hear yours, send us a message with your address and we’ll send you an Off Road Podcast sticker. You can find all of our social media by just searching our name. Now go hit that subscribe button!
First, Hope ya’ll are having a great Thanksgiving weekend.
Now, I think that Coy has a connection with Warn.
Coy, you mentioned that Warn doesn’t offer discounts on their products, but occasionally has package deals. ie: winch with recovery gear package. Is Warn going to have one of those soon? I want to go with one of their winches.
Now for advice. Thanks for answering my what do I need to overland question a couple of podcasts ago. I purchased a 2008 JK unlimited for $1,500 and am beginning to start on the repairs and upgrades. Winch and bumper are one of my first purchases. I’m thinking that I need around a 10,000lb winch, or do I. I’m here in Louisiana, but do plan on going to some hilly areas in the future.
Thanks for the Podcast and all the fun ya’ll have.
If a ride along pops up again, I don’t know what I’m doing wheeling, but wouldn’t mind being the brunt of your advice.
We also want to thank our sponsor Patriot Patch. Head over to Patriotpatch.co and check out their selection of great patches, shirts, cleaning mats, signs , and stickers. You can also join the patch of the month club for 15 bucks and receive a patch, matching sticker, and artist proof each month.
News brought to you by Power tank
- Australian family stuck in the bush
- Family of 4 got their Overland Mitsubishi stranded after heavy rain
- Planned to cover every aspect of Australia
- The family used their emergency beacon to alert Authorities and had supplies and a phone dropped to them in just a couple hours
- The land is so saturated that it is inaccessible by vehicle
- Family has enough resources to get by for several days
- Rig has 37s, limited slip rear end, and winches front and rear
- Authorities say that the land won’t dry out for over 2 weeks
- Temps over 100* and low water caused them to reach out again and they were rescued via helicopter
- Next Gen Ranger Revealed
- 3 diesels and 1 gas engine planned
- I4 2.0 single and twin turbo diesel
- V6 turbo diesel
- 2.3 turbo I4 gas
- None of the diesels will make it to the us
- Maybe a gas 2.7 turbo for the states
- 10 speed auto automatic
- Maybe a 6 speed manual but not confirmed
- Basically the same size but with 2” longer wheelbase
- Better chance that the Ranger Raptor will come to the US with this generation
- 3 diesels and 1 gas engine planned
Main Topic powered by WARN
Main Topic Gift Exchange
- EVO Quick Release Mudflaps ($143)
- 20′ Master Pull Macgyver ($210)
- For Ben: Biolite Solarhome 620 ($113)
- Fiskars IsoCore Maul, 36-Inch
- PIT BOSS PB336GS 2 Burner Table Top LP Gas Griddle-Cover Included
- For Aaron: Smittybilt receiver hitch step ($66)
- Bestop TWILL NX Plus soft top ($1,300)
- Genright Roll Cage ($2,700)
- For Aaron(’s wife): Warn Ascent F150 front winch bumper ($2,100)
- Gears and lockers
- Someone else to to redo my head gasket
- For Jeremy: JW Speaker replacement Headlights
- 4.10 gears F&R ($1,300)
- New head unit with Android Auto ($630)
- For Ben: Total Chaos/Radflo 3” lift kit ($2,708)
- Marlin crawler long travel starts at 6 but need all the goodies
- Fully kitted out bronco because why not
- For Aaron: 650 acres of land just outside the blackrock desert in Nevada
- Ariel Nomad Tactical ($82,000)
- Ripsaw F4 ($500,000)
- For Jeremy: Ferd F750 with 8,000lb payload and a Trailer
- Overlanded out Jeep gladiator
- 10 acre property with 4 bay Shop
- For Ben: Sherp ($145,000)
Thanks everyone who listens to us weekly and also to those who watch us live on YouTube. We really appreciate you. Please share us with your friends and help us grow. God bless America!
Don’t Forget to visit Patriot Patch and join the patch of the month club. Check out our Gaia affiliate link for up to 40% off. Also, don’t forget to head over to Warn and Powertank to see all their great gear. We are a proud part of the firearms radio network. Got a question or comment? Send it to us through our webpage at firearmsradio.tv or through our social media channels by searching for Off Road Podcast. Also, you can listen to us live at overlandradio.com Mondays at 7pm Pacific. When offroad please remember to have fun, tread lightly, be safe and courteous. Thanks for listening.