Welcome back to another episode of Let’s Go Hunt! – the everyman’s hunting and outdoor podcast.. We aren’t experts, but we’re out there doing it. Join us on our journey! As always we have:
Mike Gonçalves, Blaster of Birds (two)
Sam Alexander, the second best pilot you ever saw.
Dave Packard, who now has one yellow leaf
Tonight, we’re talking about doves, not doves, and some adventures
- Dove hunting! Shotgun worked! Decoys worked? maybe?
- Ate NS basically the whole time. Grilled the dove breasts in the ribeye seasoning
- Got a third on another trip out, made an omlette with it. But it was so wet..
- Brother was in town so camped on Dad’s property with the child
- Hemming and hawing over actually camping or sleeping inside
Youth Dove hunt Dove 101 class
Coyote vs deer populations My dove hunt
- Archery elk trip, referring to handwritten notes
- Day 1:
- Archery practice in morning, everything fine, drive up to Walden area and then drop down into Unit 171, for those in the know not only was it Unit 171 but it also happened to be 171 miles from my house.
- Illinois Pass fun.
- Early elk sign and camp conditions.
- Day 2:
- Morning scout, peat bog, afternoon hunt, spook up two cows plus calf at fifty yards. Steve’s 20 yard encounter. Evening plan. Six point bull plus cows
- Day 3:
- Morning hunt, midday, evening sit where we saw the bull. Thunderstorms rolling overhead constantly. Saw Starlink. That’s gay.
- Day 4:
- No point in morning hunt, got breakfast, tried to get Marvin stickers, picked up extra layer for sleeping bag, went back out. Bow problems. Sam problems.
- Real talk time, pivot to fishing. Fishing talk for another day.
- Final lessons and thoughts. Equipment successes and failures will wait until another episode.
We have one review.
Outro – Sam
Don’t just be a hunting advocate, support your Second Amendment groups and conservation efforts locally and nationally. Get some trauma training. We’re available where all fine podcasts are sold; Leave us a review! Follow us on Instagram @letsgohuntpodcast. Send your game recipes to email@example.com Thanks for listening and Let’s Go Hunt!