Welcome to another episode of Let’s Go Hunt! – the everyman’s hunting podcast.. We aren’t experts, but we’re out there doing it. Join us on our journey! As always we have:
Samuel Fudd, who wants a .30 cal magnum.
Elmer Gonçalves, who doesn’t like .30 cal magnums
And I’m Bugs Bunny, and i think it’s duck season
Tonight we’re talking about rifles and sidearms, calibers and cartridges.
- Coming into a slow season for us.
- caliber discussions
- Am I a fudd?
- I hunt with a 300wm, step dad hunted with 300 weatherby mag, brother hunts with 325wsm
- I carry a glock 19x as sidearm
- .300 PRC, why is it a divinely inspired cartridge, and why is it capable of slaying demons?
- Bergara B-14 Ridge West River – say that shit three times.
- Apparently it’s a Scheels exclusive.
- I love my current Bergara in 6.5cm, so I will probably really get one.
- Probably slap another Warhawk on the top.
- How is .308 as a deer cartridge, btw? I’m building an AR-10 this year, and considering consolidating calibers and using that for deer hunting if it’s accurate enough.
- Compares against .300 win mag, longer action accommodates longer bullet types, increased B.C. and higher velocity, factory loads from what I’ve read are similar to .300 win mag
- .300 PRC common loadings with 212gr and 225gr with options ranging up to 250gr. But it’s .308 projectiles so I can scale down and have commonality with my .30-06.
- Based on my brief research 180gr is the lightest I’d go, 150’s would be heckin close to using my 6.5cm, which inside 300 yards would be doable with good shot placement, but that seems fairly limited and pushing my noob luck.
IF WE HAVE TIME
AR ban in CO. How that affects us as hunters?
Don’t just be a hunting advocate, support your Second Amendment groups and conservation efforts locally and nationally. . We’re available where all fine podcasts are sold. Follow us on Instagram @letsgohuntpodcast. Send your reviews and game recipes to email@example.com Thanks for listening and Let’s Go Hunt!