Welcome to another episode of Let’s Go Hunt! – the everyman’s hunting podcast.. We aren’t experts, but we’re out there doing it. Join us on our journey! As always we have:
Dave Packard, @plowguydave on the grams
Sam Alexander, the man who wants gram crackers now.
And I’m Mike Gonçalves, who’s looking for some recipes, not a *gram* handle
Tonight we’re talking about beaver and that Sam snagged one!?
We’re also talking about food. Delicious game recipes I’ve shared and had shared with me
And Dave’s talking about How To Catch A Predator
- Listener correction- possums are marsupials. I …should have known that
- Episode 10 correction: I looked at it and it looks like it’s fixed so give it a shot now
- Christmas Wagyu
- Italian sausage deer meatballs tonight.
- The meat sauce I shared with the mushroom sauce
Will post the mushroom sauce recipe in the show notes
- Probably gonna pop out this weekend for a day for deer hunting.
- Listener recipes, send to LGHRadio@gmail.com I’d like to try some.
- Trapping strategies in CO
- Plans to trap other animals than beaver?
- Quick January deer hunt
- Coyote calling becoming Dave’s priority
- “Dave, what about the mountain kitties?”
- New beaver traps
- Beaver trapping adventures
- BEAVER DAM SETS ARE NOT KOSHER IN COLORADO, UPDATE.
- Caught beaver on a beaver run.
- He was a whittle guy.
- Gorgeous little animal, rich brown fur.
- Really tempted to keep him, but ultimately decided that based on his size I would turn him back loose, since having spoken to the Forest Manager dude there are no others up there trapping to compete with, and thus I don’t have any pressure for keeping this guy or having that “don’t pass up on your first day what you’d be happy to have on your last.”
- Going to try again here and there until April 30, that’s when the season ends.
- Excited for the Spring thaw to try some castor mound sets!
- Logistics of the night hunting part of it – spot lights and so on.
- Joined the Colorado Trappers and Predator Hunters Association
Don’t just be a hunting advocate, support your Second Amendment groups and conservation efforts locally and nationally. . We’re available where all fine podcasts are sold. Follow us on Instagram @letsgohuntpodcast. Thanks for listening and Let’s Go Hunt!