Welcome to another episode of Let’s Go Hunt! – the everyman’s hunting and outdoor podcast.. We aren’t experts, but we’re out there doing it. Join us on our journey! As always we have:
Dave Packard, who’s got nothing, but didn’t do nothing.
Sam Alexander, who had declared himself the single most influential person in local politics.
And I’m Mike Gonçalves, who wrote a thing..
Tonight we’re talking about trapping beavers, building rigs and probably politics. gross.
Work on the camp/hunt rig
Sighting in the 10/22
Illegal to hunt small game, furbearers and waterfowl with a centerfire caliber larger than 23. W of I25, during deer and elk seasons
Something about doves….
- I wish there was a spring dove season
- Been using Range Buddy the last couple weeks
- RMBH Sheep and mt goat draw results are out
- Colorado DID NOT pass HB 1230
- So let’s talk about how I’m not a great trapper, huh?
- Went up last thursday to check things out – snow was all melted off, looked like there was some evidence of beavers coming up out of the water, and most importantly I SMELL CASTOR
- Set castor mounds the first day with no results. The second day I went down the creek by a mile to a lodge I’d previously scouted and saw (now that everything was thawed) what appeared to be two entrances. Threw on my waders and went in there to set tarps on the entrances, thought it would be an absolute moneyshot. Picketed the entire lodge off with sticks.
- Six days later no beaver. Checked traps every day in a row. First day they were triggered but nothing in them.
- Finally decided today to scout around some more. Went a couple hundred yards downstream and found another bank den, this time with green willow cut. Set a trap on that entrance, set a trap downstream of that on what looks to be a crossover point on a dam where it leads right into a narrow cut in the stream.
- Set a trap there.
- So lessons learned…
- Outro – Dave
Don’t just be a hunting advocate, support your Second Amendment groups and conservation efforts locally and nationally. Get some trauma training. We’re available where all fine podcasts are sold and leave us a review! Follow us on Instagram @letsgohuntpodcast. Send your game recipes to email@example.com Thanks for listening and Let’s Go Hunt!